Britney Spears "hit rock bottom" in rehab
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Britney Spears says she "truly hit rock bottom" during a stint in rehab this year and told fans she did not blame her behavior on alcohol or depression.


Bel Air May 27

"I was like a bad kid running around with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)," she wrote on her Web site, www.britneyspears.com. "I confess, I was so lost."

"I think the whole problem was letting too many people into my life," the Brit Brit said. "You never know another person's intentions or what another person wants."

Earlier this year, Britney split from her second husband, aspiring rapper Kevin (K-fed) Federline, with whom she has two children. She entered Promises rehab facility after a spree of high-profile partying and erratic behavior such as shaving her head bald.

Spears told fans about having to "cut so many people out of my life" after learning that some were taking advantage of her vulnerability and her wealth.


Credit: celebutopia

"Some of the people in my life made more of some issues than was necessary," she said, citing as an example her hitting the party scene after her divorce.

"I think it is actually normal for a young girl to go out after a huge divorce. I think it was a bigger issue because I had not gone out in such a long time," said Spears.

After leaving rehab in March, which she described as a "humbling" experience, Spears completed a divorce agreement with Federline and fired her manager Larry Rudolph. Spears said she is now dealing with insecurities from her childhood.

Spears said she hoped her new letter would make people "think a little bit more of me and where I am coming from," adding that she tries to make herself numb to stories written about her rather than getting angry.

"I do see the world with a completely different set of eyes now," Spears said. "I do still have a lot to learn, and I am going to make mistakes everyday, and I am sure every mistake I make will probably be on CNN or Good Morning America."

Labels:

 


Bookmarks:       digg   Del.icio.us   Stumble It!  Technorati  spurl  Blinkit   Furl   Fark   Reddit
posted by K.C. at 4:27 PM | Permalink


0 Comments:



Visit Teen Celebrity News, your one stop for news, headlines, gossip, candids, photos and information on you favorite celebrities including Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Ashlee Simpson, Jessica Simpson, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Hilary Duff, Avril Lavigne, Ashley Tisdale, Cameron Diaz, Jessica Alba, Katie Holmes and more. Click Here to visit...
Privacy Policy


Teen Celeb
   Sonic Games